Difficulty level: Advanced
Muscle Group(s): Abdominals, Abductor, Abductors, Adductor, Adductors, Calves, Core, Glutes, Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, Hips, Legs, Obliques, Quadriceps, Shoulders
Modality: Balance, Stability
- This exercise is a must for any individual who needs function (neuromuscular efficiency).
- Stand tall on one leg with the gaze straight ahead.
- Keep the gaze fixed on one point throughout this exercise.
- Bend the grounded leg to approx 20°.
- Hold a single leg balance and bring the arms so shoulders and elbows are at 90° with full horizontal abduction and palms facing forward.
- Move the torso in all three planes of motion as shown.
- Take care to maintain posture and core stability as client proceeds through the different ranges of motions.
- Trainers: If there is pain, loss of balance, of altered neuromuscular control – reduce the range of motion.