Difficulty level: Intermediate
Muscle Group(s): Abdominals, Abductors, Core, Obliques, Shoulders
Modality: Balance, Stability, Strength
- Great progression exercise for core strength and spinal stability.
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades retracted and depressed, good stability through the abdominal complex, and neutral spine angles.
- Activate the core with a good drawing in and pelvic floor contraction.
- Start in a iso abs – side lying position, the elbow and knee are on the ground, core is activated, glutes are squeezed and shoulder blades are retracted and depressed.
- Perform side bridge and simultaneously straighten opposite arm towards ceiling and abduct top leg into triple extension (at hip, knee, and ankle).
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side