Difficulty level: Intermediate
Muscle Group(s): Abdominals, Abductors, Core, Hips, Latissimus Dorsi, Obliques, Shoulders
Modality: Dynamic Flexibility, Mobilizers
- Improves lateral movement and communication of ankle complex-illio femoral joint and thoraco-scapula complex.
- Initiate a thorough dynamic warm-up prior to starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
- Step one leg behind the other and laterally, while reaching with the same side arm overhead and laterally as shown.
- Try to keep hips parallel and do not rotate to increase reach because this will only cause compensations.
- Once peak range with optimal posture is reached, step back to starting position.
- Pay attention to the video for relative timing of this exercise.
- Perform desired number of repetitions and then switch to the other side.