Difficulty level: Beginner
Muscle Group(s): Abdominals, Chest, Core, Obliques, Shoulders
Modality: Pilates, Stability, Strength
- Great beginner exercise for core strength and spinal stability.
- Kneel on the floor on all fours.
- Align your hands directly beneath your shoulders.
- Align your knees directly beneath your hips.
- Lift and extend one leg to the floor behind you.
- Place the ball of your foot on the floor as in a push-up position.
- Maintain neutral spinal alignment in this semi-supported position.
- If you feel comfortable enough, extend both legs into a full plank position.
- Make sure to keep your shoulder blades down and wide on your back during all phases of the exercise.